Yesterday, Gary and I went to a "little league" hockey game. I was talking hockey over facebook with my cousin Jim, which turned into an invitation to see his 8 year old son play hockey. Still being on a hockey high from going to the Blackhawks game before Christmas, we were obliged to attend. What a fun experience!! Things learned:
- My cousin Jim can yell. In my nearly 27 years, I don't think I've ever heard his "outside voice" before! :)
- Hockey is a brutal sport, even with young kids. This was no "T-Ball-eque" event... they were better at hockey than I could have ever expected.
- Hockey is even more exciting when you're sitting just behind the glass. Wish I could have had those seats for the Hawks game...
And so, that knocks off #57: Attend a non-formal family event with extended family (i.e. a sporting event, picnic, birthday party, etc.) .
In other news, Pugsly is coming down off what I refer to as "Grandma High." She slept A LOT the day after we got back ... I think having a yard wore her out! One thing we learned at Grandma's - she likes towels. When Brenda put a towel on the ground by the door (for feet wiping purposes), Miss Pugsly turned it into her bed. So we tried leaving her out of her crate at night, and closing her in the bedroom with us, and putting a towel on the ground. Instead of going in her crate to sleep, which she had been doing on her own for some time, she went to the towel and curled up there. Halfway through the night she found my robe, which had been carelessly left on the floor (-bad, me! bad!) and curled up on that. Using our collective ingenuity, Gary and I brought in her plush dog bed last night and covered it in towels. After two weeks of wanting nothing to do with it, we managed to fake her out. She was curled up in it all night. :)
It's too bad she's not getting any better when we leave, though. If it was barking, I would be able to pat her on the head and leave the condo without a problem. But when you hear small dog sobs haunting you as you walk down the hallway... that's just brutal. One of these times she'll figure out that we're not leaving forever.... *sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment