I feel it is my public duty to inform everyone of impending doom when I see it.
Yesterday, which felt like a 101 things to do in a day, I went grocery shopping, and inevitably made my way down the cereal aisle. Though I usually buy off brand cereal at Aldi’s, my attention was drawn to a sale of a new product: Chocolate Cheerios. I am, in general, a fan of the cheerios line. Can’t go wrong with honey nut, apple cinnamon, frosted, plain or combination. So, Chocolate Cheerios being on sale, and a possible low-calorie way to meet my chocolate fix, I picked up a box.
Understand that according to many food purists, I have no palette. I consume such food atrocities as diet sodas, fake butter, and low fat anything. So when I tell you that Chocolate Cheerios is by far the worst chocolate cereal on the market, you know it's serious. Those of you who are nutrition bar fanatics know that the “chocolate” ones don’t taste as good. Well, Chocolate Cheerios is worse than those. I know how they got the 100 Calories per serving: They barely used any chocolate.
What’s FASCINATING about it is that it’s actually somewhat tasty with banana. When I couldn’t choke down any more, I decided to see if adding a banana would help. It was like eating a whole new cereal. It’s like: butter=YUCK, but you add apples to it and apple butter = YUM! Maybe I missed the warning on the box? “EAT WITH BANANA OR DIE.”
On to news:
It’s been a big couple of days in terms of The List.
4. Make home-made dog treats for Pugsly. Done and Done. 18 oz plain, organic, lowfat yogurt + ½ cup natural peanut butter + a mushed up banana + a dot of honey. Mix together, put in ice cube tray or freeze in a kong. Makes for a tasty treat. (Yes, I tried one. Don’t judge.) Pugsly likes them, too!
17. Obtain a basic home dry cleaning kit. Also Done and Done. Now we can wash Gary’s sweater and my nicer dresses. Yay for good hygiene.
52. House train Pugsly. We’re confident we’ve overcome her first-week nervousness. So confident, that we don’t use the crate anymore (though she will still sleep in there by choice on occasion).
67. Eat at five local restaurants we’ve never eaten at before. (Within 5 miles of condo.) 1 of 5 done. Winberie’s Restaurant in Buffalo Grove. Think Applebee’s with class. Gary and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Check it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment