Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 13: These Boots Weren't Made for Running...


Ya know, there are people in this world that were made for athletics and people who weren't. I'm sure this is a comment made by most people who have difficulty getting in shape, but I've felt this way for some time. I don't think God ever intended for me to be a marathoner, but who can tell?



I fear I'm going to have to push my 5K goal back a little bit. The first week I was having shin splints, which went away. Around week three, I was having left knee pain, but that went away. Now it's hip pain. Hip pain that wakes me up at night if I'm sleeping on my side. Not cool. Before I make any determinations, I think I'll try some anti-inflammatories. I know I should cut back on my workouts, but honestly, all that does is set back my entire progress. I don't like doing that. I had wanted to run the 5k in April, but I don't think it's going to happen so soon.

*shrug* I guess it's a waiting game for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment