Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 101: Happy Birthday, Me

This past Sunday was my birthday.  In celebration of my apparently chronic lack of dying, Gary and I headed downtown to see one of our favorite comedians, Gabriel Inglesias.  For those of you unfamiliar with his work, check it out here.  Thanks, YouTube!

And my birthday present?  Get this.  All this time I thought Gary was just humoring my insistance on doing 101 things in 1001 days.  Turns out he took it upon himself to fulfill item #100:

100. Ride in a limo.

Up until my 27th birthday, I had never been inside a limo.  Not for prom, not for any wedding (including my own), NEVER.  When we were about to leave for downtown, Gary calls me over to the window to come look at something.  I check it out, and with no shortage of glee saw my limo pulling into the parking lot.  (... and then it hit the sidewalk... leaving Gary and I little baffled.) 

  Me in the limo.  Low image quality... I blame Gary's Almighty iPhone.

We ended up making it downtown in record time (and without harming any more sidewalks), and I got to introduce Gary to gelato for the very first time.  It was a hit!

Gary's First Gelato Experience

My brithday fun is only heightened by further accomplishments on our 101 list:

16.        Grow a veggie or herbs on my balcony. 

My sister bestowed upon me for my birthday two upside down planters - one for tomatoes and one for strawberries, which are now perched upon my balcony.   There is some concern whether or not the plants are secure.  We have had strong enough winds to blow over our entire grill.  Right now our shepherd hook is securely tied to our balcony railing.   The planter bags are VERY heavy, so I don't think they'll be lifted off the hooks.  But I fear that they will break, or possibly, the shepherd hook will break, and they will serve as the untimely murder weapon to some innocent person standing below our balcony.  We'll try to think positively about that... :) 



45.        Reduce total credit card balances to below $1000 at least once. 

Yep!  We did it! We'll be debt free by Memorial Day! Woo!
46.        Enroll in TIA-CREF retirement services. (Karen)

I'm missing the money in my paycheck, though! :) 

48.        Research and Obtain (if possible) life insurance. 

Gary did.  I did not.  The money's just not there yet.  Besides, given my recent birthday, I apparently have a flair for not dying. :) 


Well that's all for this episode... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment