Oh my... where to start. First of all, apologies. Blog project had to be put on the back burner for a few days while I herded life into the pen. Between my masters class and all the activities below, I've been busy. That's not to say that the 101 in 1001 has been put to the side. To the contrary, I've knocked off quite a bit.
2. Try 20 new recipes outside of new recipes listed below.
I tried making Eggplant Parmesan, which turned out awesome. I peeled and thinly sliced the eggplant, dredged it in egg and a breadcrumb/garlic powder/oregano mix, pan fried it, and put it in a casserole dish with a jar of tomato sauce. Topped with mozzarella/parmesan and baked for 10-20 minutes. Even Gary liked it! Score!
I also ended up trying Pork Medallions, which were AWESOME. Based off of this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Medallions/Detail.aspx : I would VERY HIGHLY suggest doubling the sauce, and serving over egg noodles or brown rice.
1 pork tenderloin (I actually used pork cutlets)
1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1 small onion, sliced
1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried savory
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Minced fresh parsley
Directions
- Slice tenderloin into 1/2-in-thick medallions. In a skillet, brown pork in oil for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same skillet melt butter. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, rosemary, savory, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Lay pork medallions over mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Garnish with parsley if desired.
8. Switch car title to my new name.
41. Replace Karen’s car if it dies -or- be prepared for that event.
Funny Story. Last Wednesday, I'm going about my normal workday when Gary sends me an advertisement via e-mail about all these great incentives if we purchase a new 2010 Mazda 3 (... he owns a 2009 Mazda 3). And I'm like, "Well, too bad the timing's not right." Long story short - we got a new 2010 Mazda 3. It was hard for me to give up my '99 Ford Escort, lovingly named "Chili-Honey" in honor of the first two things I spilled in her. I had anticipated on running her into the ground. But Gary correctly pointed out that cars over 100k miles are ticking time bombs, and we've had problems with her in the past year or so. If she's going to die, we want it to be on our terms when we're prepared to deal with it, rather than unexpectedly when perhaps the finances aren't there.
So, meet "Smokey."
38. Replace or fix microwave.
We went to Home Depot on Sunday to replace our over-the-stove microwave. Should be installed on Saturday 3/13. *Crosses fingers* The dimensions seemed correct except for the depth, which was a little deeper than ours.... we're hoping, given that it's the same maker (GE), that it'll be okay.
79. Visit Michigan family at least twice.
And who can forget my cousin's wedding? Gary and I went to Indianapolis for my cousin's wedding. (Congrats Robyn!) Therein, Gary and I got to visit with much of the Michigan family. We were really happy to see everyone and a good time was had by all.
I promise, more to come in the next few days. Ta ta for now....

No comments:
Post a Comment